1 John 1:9-Forgiveness

Forgiveness



1 John 1:9 (New International Version)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our
sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.



Have you ever messed up, sinned, made a mistake, did something or said
something you regret? I have plenty of times! Believe me!
I was taught a valuable lesson on this a few years ago... I'll never
forget.
I was a new Christian and I was really trying hard to serve God
but I messed up. I sinned. I felt so bad I could barley hold my head up.
I asked God to forgive me but didn't feel forgiveness. I went to Youth
Group
that night, sit in the back felt all alone when this other kid
came up to me and said; "God wants you to know you are forgiven" WOW! I
felt so free! a smile came to my face I could lift my head up again,
didn't feel ashamed anymore.
To this day I don't know if that other kid was an Angel or if he had a
word of knowledge for me or what, all I know is how it freed me from my
sin and guilt.
Now that I have been serving God for a few more years now, I
have learned to turn to God's word for help. When I sin or mess up I
turn to 1 John 1:9 and have done so many times! Just like the kid who
told me I was forgiven God's word has power to forgive.
In Christ
Later,
DJ Jackson

About These Devotions

If you're reading this, it means that God has a plan for your life. But in order to figure out what it is, we've got to spend time listening to what He has to say. These devotions are meant to be an appetizer to get you interested in studying the Bible for yourself. They are a collection from the youth leadership of Reality Student Ministries. If you like them, subscribe either through RSS or e-mail in the sidebar, and then leave us a note and tell us what you thought.

Thanks,

-Jeff-

StatCounter