Philippians 2: 19-24

Note: For the Summer we are reprinting some devotions that ran back when we were getting this site up and running. Hopefully this is new content to you, and we will get back into writing fresh devotions as our schedule allows.



19I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you. 20I have no one else like him, who takes a genuine interest in your welfare. 21For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. 22But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me in the work of the gospel. 23I hope, therefore, to send him as soon as I see how things go with me. 24And I am confident in the Lord that I myself will come soon.


I can't get over the fact that when this book is written, Paul is IN JAIL and has no idea what his future will be, yet after writing chapter 1 it seems like he has made the decision that he is going to live and that he will visit them soon. Maybe Paul was going a little crazy at that point? Or maybe he knew something that we don't. Maybe God was speaking to him about his future, and how God was going to work everything out.

This phrase keeps resonating inside of me: Christianity IS NOT boring! Tell Paul, sitting in prison awaiting his fate that Christianity is boring. He'd laugh in your face. It's not easy, but it's an adventure, and one that I think you'll enjoy.

-Jeff-

About These Devotions

If you're reading this, it means that God has a plan for your life. But in order to figure out what it is, we've got to spend time listening to what He has to say. These devotions are meant to be an appetizer to get you interested in studying the Bible for yourself. They are a collection from the youth leadership of Reality Student Ministries. If you like them, subscribe either through RSS or e-mail in the sidebar, and then leave us a note and tell us what you thought.

Thanks,

-Jeff-

StatCounter