Philippians 3: 12-14

Note: For the Summer we are reprinting some devotions that ran back when we were getting this site up and running. Hopefully this is new content to you, and we will get back into writing fresh devotions as our schedule allows.



12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.



Back when I was in 7th grade (no, it wasn't that long ago) I decided to try out for the track team. I wanted to maintain my basketball playing shape, and I thought being forced to run would make me a better baller. Well, let's just say my dreams of track glory ended in about 2 meets. I came in second to last (but not last place) in both meets in the 800 meters, and that was about enough for me. One thing I did learn while I was there was that when you get close to the finish line you put your head down and run through the tape. You can't slow up right before you cross the goal! If you do you will lose.

We need to learn how to push forward in the face of all obstacles, running this race with one goal in mind, to pursue God wherever He might take us!

-Jeff-

About These Devotions

If you're reading this, it means that God has a plan for your life. But in order to figure out what it is, we've got to spend time listening to what He has to say. These devotions are meant to be an appetizer to get you interested in studying the Bible for yourself. They are a collection from the youth leadership of Reality Student Ministries. If you like them, subscribe either through RSS or e-mail in the sidebar, and then leave us a note and tell us what you thought.

Thanks,

-Jeff-

StatCounter