The Parables of Jesus: Luke 12:16-21

  • Posted: 9:00 AM
  • |
  • Author: Pastor Jeff Graham
  • |
  • Filed under: Luke, Parables, Rich

Luke 12:16-21
16. And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man
produced a good crop. 17. He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I
have no place to store my crops.'
18. "Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and
build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19.
And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many
years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." '
20. "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be
demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for
yourself?'
21. "This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself
but is not rich toward God."




Not that I would know, but there is nothing wrong with being rich. Jesus
is not saying "Don't be rich" but is saying "Don't be greedy but be
rich toward God". You see this guy only wanted more stuff for himself
when he already Rich.
What does "Rich toward God" mean? It means looking at the needs of
others, supporting your local church, supporting missionaries, maybe
seeing your neighbor in need and helping them, taking on a God like
attitude and heart.
after all we have belongs to God anyway.
My suggestion to you is, no matter what you have... much or little, be
rich toward God and God will bless you.

Later,
DJ Jackson

About These Devotions

If you're reading this, it means that God has a plan for your life. But in order to figure out what it is, we've got to spend time listening to what He has to say. These devotions are meant to be an appetizer to get you interested in studying the Bible for yourself. They are a collection from the youth leadership of Reality Student Ministries. If you like them, subscribe either through RSS or e-mail in the sidebar, and then leave us a note and tell us what you thought.

Thanks,

-Jeff-

StatCounter