James 5:15-16

15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.



When we pray, God wants to move. So what stops Him? It says here the prayer offered in FAITH will make the sick person well. What is faith? Heb 11:1 says 1 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. When we pray, we need to believe that what we are praying will actually happen. But it's not enough just to think it in your head, you need to KNOW it deep down inside you. I remember a few weeks ago praying for someone and God brought back to me all the times that I had prayed and seen healings. I started speaking some of those things out and then said something like "You're the same God whose used me to see people healed in the past, and I believe you're going to do it today." That statement was God's way of building faith inside of me, so that when I prayed I KNEW He was going to move.

-Jeff-

About These Devotions

If you're reading this, it means that God has a plan for your life. But in order to figure out what it is, we've got to spend time listening to what He has to say. These devotions are meant to be an appetizer to get you interested in studying the Bible for yourself. They are a collection from the youth leadership of Reality Student Ministries. If you like them, subscribe either through RSS or e-mail in the sidebar, and then leave us a note and tell us what you thought.

Thanks,

-Jeff-

StatCounter