James 5:17-18

  • Posted: 9:00 AM
  • |
  • Author: Pastor Jeff Graham
  • |
  • Filed under: James, Prayer

17Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.



A few weeks ago I had the privilege of seeing Benny Perez in person. He is the reason I'm in youth ministry, and a spiritual mentor of mine. Growing up under his ministry I saw God do some amazing things, yet he's just a man. It's easy to fall in love with a person, because we see God moving through them, and forget about the God that is moving. Here in James the Bible says that Elijah was a man just like us, yet when he prayed things happened. Jesus said in John 14: 12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

He was talking to all Christians who put their faith in Him, so what are you asking God for today?

-Jeff-

About These Devotions

If you're reading this, it means that God has a plan for your life. But in order to figure out what it is, we've got to spend time listening to what He has to say. These devotions are meant to be an appetizer to get you interested in studying the Bible for yourself. They are a collection from the youth leadership of Reality Student Ministries. If you like them, subscribe either through RSS or e-mail in the sidebar, and then leave us a note and tell us what you thought.

Thanks,

-Jeff-

StatCounter