Philippians 1:19-20

Note: For the Summer we are reprinting some devotions that ran back when we were getting this site up and running. Hopefully this is new content to you, and we will get back into writing fresh devotions as our schedule allows.



19 For I know that as you pray for me and the Spirit of Jesus Christ helps me, this will lead to my deliverance.
20 For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die.



*Sigh* It seems like about once a week I get an e-mail, see a blog or look at a bulletin on Myspace that tells some sort of sad story, and then tells me I'm not a "REAL" Christian if I don't forward this on to 20 other people, plus my life's gonna suck forever. Nothing like a little guilt to make you want to stand up proudly for Jesus, right? Please don't send me any of those chain letters, I don't like them and delete them as soon as they show up. So don't do it. Ever. This means you. ... ... Sorry, back to the devo:

Galatians says "I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the POWER of God..." So why are we afraid to share the good news? We need to be bold in standing up for Him. I'm not trying to make you feel guilty, and it probably won't make your life any better (in fact Paul was in prison), but you will change a life, and that's worth it.

-Jeff-

About These Devotions

If you're reading this, it means that God has a plan for your life. But in order to figure out what it is, we've got to spend time listening to what He has to say. These devotions are meant to be an appetizer to get you interested in studying the Bible for yourself. They are a collection from the youth leadership of Reality Student Ministries. If you like them, subscribe either through RSS or e-mail in the sidebar, and then leave us a note and tell us what you thought.

Thanks,

-Jeff-

StatCounter