Psalm 40:1-3

Psalm 40:1-3 (New International Version)
1. I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2. He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3. He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.



This is one of my favorite passages in the Bible.
There is an old saying "If you're in a hole, stop digging" Like me a lot
of people, fall into a pit or hole they have made for themselves. People
get into relationships, drugs, bad habits, etc. when they realize where
they are it's to late. For example, me...I just started hanging out with
some bad friends...then....started smoking, just to be cool... then a
beer or two.... then marijuana...them Cocaine....then dealing
drugs....then stealing to support my habit...then jail time...the list
goes on.... I was in so deep, I couldn't make it out on my own.
Then one day I cried out to God, because I had no where to look,
but up. Jesus turned to me reached down and lifted me out of the pit I
had created for myself, he forgave my sins, took away my shame, he set
my feet on the foundation of his word and put a new song in my mouth.
Jesus gave me a new life, a new attitude, a place that was safe and
secure.
If your in a place where you feel trapped or feel like your in a
pit and feel there is no way out...take it from me there is! JESUS! If
you hear a voice, or people say that there is no way out for you, Don't
believe it! It's a lie! You can make it out no matter how far down we
are, Jut cry out to God for help. His words are true. He will rescue
you!

Later,
DJ Jackson

About These Devotions

If you're reading this, it means that God has a plan for your life. But in order to figure out what it is, we've got to spend time listening to what He has to say. These devotions are meant to be an appetizer to get you interested in studying the Bible for yourself. They are a collection from the youth leadership of Reality Student Ministries. If you like them, subscribe either through RSS or e-mail in the sidebar, and then leave us a note and tell us what you thought.

Thanks,

-Jeff-

StatCounter