Psalm 59:16

  • Posted: 10:19 PM
  • |
  • Author: Pastor Jeff Graham
  • |
  • Filed under: Psalm

16. But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your
love;
for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.




This is a true story that happened during World War Two.
One morning, the Germans were testing a huge Blimp, they had the
Blimp anchored down on the ground with a big cable and also had about
twenty to thirty men hanging onto the Blimp with ropes. All of a sudden
the big cable broke loose from the anchor on the ground and the huge
Blimp started rising into the sky. Some of the men that were hanging
onto the ropes let go right away, some hung on as the blimp rose higher
and higher.
One by one the men could not hold on any longer and started
falling, at first some only broke their legs but as the Blimp got higher
and higher they all started falling to their deaths. After a while there
was only one man still hanging on. By this time there were several
news media personal on the site covering the story. Then after several
hours the Germans finally, somehow managed to get the Blimp back down on
the ground. When they did, all the news people ran over to the one man
that was still hanging onto the rope and asked him, "How did you do it!?
How did you hang on so long!?" The man replied, "I simply tied the rope
around me and let the rope hold me"
Sometimes life is hard, there is divorce, deaths in the family,
relationships, financial situations, many different hardships in our
lives that can causes grief, stress, depression, even suicidal thoughts.
I don't know about you but I'm glad I can put my hope,
strength, my life in the hands of Christ and let him simply hold me.
If your going through something difficult in your life, try
Jesus. Just ask him to help no matter what kind of situation your in. He
is always there to hold you up in times of trouble!
Later,
DJ Jackson

About These Devotions

If you're reading this, it means that God has a plan for your life. But in order to figure out what it is, we've got to spend time listening to what He has to say. These devotions are meant to be an appetizer to get you interested in studying the Bible for yourself. They are a collection from the youth leadership of Reality Student Ministries. If you like them, subscribe either through RSS or e-mail in the sidebar, and then leave us a note and tell us what you thought.

Thanks,

-Jeff-

StatCounter