2 Samuel 23: 11-12

2 Samuel 23 NIV
11. Next to him was Shammah son of Agee the Hararite. When the Philistines banded together at a place where there was a field full of lentils, Israel's troops fled from them. 12. But Shammah took his stand in the middle of the field. He defended it and struck the Philistines down, and the LORD brought about a great victory.




I love the stories in the Old Testament, the ones like this story in 2 Samuel.
In this story Shammah, one of King David's
"Mighty Men" When the Philistines came down about 300 to 800 men and were about to raid Israel's crop of lentils all of Israel's troops fled except for Shammah. He stood his ground. He said "NOT TODAY!" and killed them all!
Sometimes you simply have to stand your ground and beat back the enemy from your place of abundance.
Your place of abundance today is your life in Christ. Satan wants to come down and steal it away from you through sin, temptation, hardships, all kinds of ways.
But we need to stand firm in our faith and the power Jesus has given us. Two of the most powerful weapons we have is God's word and prayer.
To be perfectly honest with you I don't always use them I get Lazy and comfortable and when I'm attacked through temptation, hardships', etc. I flee what I mean by flee is I sin. Other times when I'm reading God's word and in Prayer everyday I have great Victory in my Christian walk, like Shammah I have the power to fight the power to say "NOT TODAY!" to temptation or if something tragic happens I have the Faith to get through it.
I encourage you to stand your ground today! be in prayer and into God's word and fight for what Jesus has given us!


Later,
DJ Jackson

About These Devotions

If you're reading this, it means that God has a plan for your life. But in order to figure out what it is, we've got to spend time listening to what He has to say. These devotions are meant to be an appetizer to get you interested in studying the Bible for yourself. They are a collection from the youth leadership of Reality Student Ministries. If you like them, subscribe either through RSS or e-mail in the sidebar, and then leave us a note and tell us what you thought.

Thanks,

-Jeff-

StatCounter