Matthew 5:14-15 The Beatitudes

14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.



Have you ever hidden under your covers at night to read a book? I know I'm weird, and I may be the only one, but I can distinctly remember trying to convince my parents that I was sleeping, all the while slipping under my blankets with a flashlight. I was hiding because I didn't want my parents to know that I wasn't sleeping. Why do we hide as Christians? God has placed His light inside of us! God has allowed us to shine His light, and yet we try to cover it up.

Peak your head out from your bed and let your light shine a little today.

-Jeff-

About These Devotions

If you're reading this, it means that God has a plan for your life. But in order to figure out what it is, we've got to spend time listening to what He has to say. These devotions are meant to be an appetizer to get you interested in studying the Bible for yourself. They are a collection from the youth leadership of Reality Student Ministries. If you like them, subscribe either through RSS or e-mail in the sidebar, and then leave us a note and tell us what you thought.

Thanks,

-Jeff-

StatCounter