The Parables of Jesus: Luke 11:5-9

Luke 11:5-9
5. Then he said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes
to him at midnight and says, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, 6.
because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have nothing
to set before him.'
7. "Then the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already
locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you
anything.' 8. I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the
bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness, he
will get up and give him as much as he needs.
9. "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will
find; knock and the door will be opened to you.




Some people think if they ask God for anything they are bugging
God, imposing on him, thinking God will be to busy, get mad, think God
won't think it's important enough, or he simply won't answer.
How many of you would go to your friend house...in the middle of
the night....lights are out....you know their in bed, sleeping and ask
them for some sandwiches, chips and some Mountain Dew? Not me! (well
maybe for a Mountain Dew!)
But Jesus is telling us in this parable to do just that. Go to
him with Boldness! I'm sure the guy in this parable didn't just knock
once. He rang the doorbell several times, Knocked loudly, after all they
were sleeping. then the guy in the house said "don't bother me" Most of
us would of walked away but the guy wanting the bread started shouting
to the guy inside the house. " I Want Bread Dude!" The outcome is....
he got what he wanted.
Sometimes in my life I've prayed for a few seconds walked away
and no answer, other times I've gone to the altar or gotten on my knees
and cried out to God until I heard him speak to me or felt the prayer
had been answered or the Holy Spirit gave me a peace. It was not a fast
food type of prayer but I really persisted and God came through for me.
Ask, Seek, Knock and God will answer!

Later,
DJ Jackson

About These Devotions

If you're reading this, it means that God has a plan for your life. But in order to figure out what it is, we've got to spend time listening to what He has to say. These devotions are meant to be an appetizer to get you interested in studying the Bible for yourself. They are a collection from the youth leadership of Reality Student Ministries. If you like them, subscribe either through RSS or e-mail in the sidebar, and then leave us a note and tell us what you thought.

Thanks,

-Jeff-

StatCounter